<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Web Development category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. Which of the following image file types can be indexed by Google?
2. Which of the following correctly describes what are considered to be "Doorway pages"?
• Pages with a permanent redirect(301) to an external page with relevant content.
• Pages especially designed to link partner sites.
• Sets of poor-quality pages where each page is optimized for a specific keyword or phrase.
• None of these.
3. What would be the impact of meta keywords on Google's ranking algorithm?
• Meta keywords are not used by Google.
• Multiple meta keywords may bring better results in SERP.
• Google encourages the use of a single meta keyword for each page.
• Multiple meta keywords get penalized by Google.
4. Which of the following best describes the practice of "Google Bowling" from a negative SEO context?
• Increasing the organic search ranking of a particular website or page by pointing hundreds or thousands of links at it, using very specific anchor text.
• Knocking a competitor out of the search results by pointing hundreds or thousands of low trust, low quality links at their website.
• Making a search engine believe that another website exists at a given URL.
• Using words which were traditionally associated with low quality content that caused search engines to want to demote the rankings of a page.
5. Which of the following HTTP headers tells search engines when content has been changed since the site was last crawled?
6. ]Which of the following is not a valid goal type from the perspective of Google Analytics?
• Pages/Screens per visit
7. Which of the following best describes a blog "TrackBack"?
• An automated notification that a website mentioned another website; it is a built-in feature on most popular blogging software programs.
• A link from one website to another. It is also called an inbound link.
• A method used to break a page down into multiple points on the web graph by breaking its pages down into smaller blocks.
• It is a method for tracking visitors on a website.
8. Which of the following practices are allowable under Google Webmaster Guidelines?
• Using automated programs or services to create links to a site.
• Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites.
• Forum commenting with optimized links in the post or signature.
• Advertising links that use the nofollow attribute.
9. Please choose which of the following tool belongs to the Bing Search Engine?
• Keyword Planner
• SEO Analyzer
• Object Browser
• Open Graph Debugger
10. Which of the following rich snippet formats are supported by Google? Select all that apply.
• Data Highlighter
11. Which of the following is not a valid method for verifying site ownership on Google?
• HTML file verification
• Meta tag verification
• Google Analytics code verification
• None of these.
12. Which of the following statements is true about Sitemaps?
• If a site is accessible on both the www and non-www versions of its domain, a separate Sitemap for each version must be submitted.
• A Sitemap file must contain no more than 50,000 URLs and must be no larger than 50MB when uncompressed.
• A Sitemap file should be specified under the following XML namespace: xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.9".
• Google only accepts Sitemap files in XML format.
13. Which of the following HTML attributes can be used to provide descriptive text for site assets that a search engine crawler doesn't typically recognize?
14. Which of the following practices may improve the Domain Authority rank of an automobile trading website? A: Submitting the website to all directories that are available. B: Getting backlinks from auto-niche blogs. C: Getting backlinks from fashion-niche blogs. D: Using Robots to post on forums. E: Manually posting at least 50 comments/day.
• A, D and E
• B, D and E
• All of above.
15. Which of the following is an example of "Cloaking", which is considered a "black hat" SEO technique?
• Sending a visitor to a different URL than the one they initially requested.
• Locating text behind an image.
• Serving a page of HTML text to search engines, while showing a page of images or Flash to users.
• Using CSS to position text off-screen.
16. Which is the correct usage of the Keyword Planner Tool in order to get a Phrase Match search volume for "New York hotels"?
• New York Hotels
• "New York Hotels"
• [New York Hotels]
• ?New York Hotels
17. Which of the following statements is true about the effect of page load times to a page's ranking in Google's search results?
• Page load times affect a page's ranking, and is given the same importance as a page's relevance to the search query.
• Page load times affect a page's ranking, but is given lesser importance compared to a page's relevance to the search query.
• Page load times do not affect a page's ranking.
• Google gives up on crawling a page if its load time is greater than 5 seconds.
18. Which of the following is true about Google's treatment of keyword density in a given page?
• Keyword density is no longer being considered by Google's search algorithms.
• Targeted keywords should be used as frequently as possible in a page to maximize PageRank.
• Artificially increasing keyword density offers diminishing returns and may be penalized for "keyword stuffing" if taken too far.
• None of these.
19. Which of the following examples are considered by Google as "auto-generated" content? Select all that apply.
• Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
• Text generated from scraping Atom/RSS feeds or search results
• Text generated by the website's content management system
• Text generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
20. Which of the following are recommended actions to take when a website is penalized by an "Unnatural links to your site" Manual Action from Google? Select all that apply.
• Removing old content from the site.
• Preventing links that violate Google's guidelines from passing PageRank.
• Using the Google Webmaster Tools to disavow any offending links that the site management isn't responsible for.
• Requesting reconsideration of the site from Google.