<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Internet Concepts category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. If you verify your site for Google Webmaster Tools at http://www.yoursite.com/blogs/, you can not see errors with URLs for ______.
2. Which of the following should be used to permanently remove the cached version of your page from Google search results?
• no follow tag.
• meta noarchive tag.
• meta archive tag.
3. Increasing the Googlebot crawl rate for your website ______
• will increase the number of Googlebot requests per second.
• has no effect on how often Googlebot crawls your site.
• will reduce the number of Googlebot requests per second.
• is not possible.
4. The following question is based on the above diagram. Clicking on the test python online link will ______.
• take you to the top search queries page.
• a Google search page showing search results for the query test python online.
• show the position in search results for the query test python online.
• show you the percentage of search queries contributed by the query.
5. If you want your users to visit http://www.yourwebsite.com instead of http://yourwebsite.com, you should ______
• use the URL removal tool.
• use Webmaster Tools to set your preferred domain.
• display a message on http://yourwebsite.com about the new address.
6. Removing www.yourwebsite.com using the URL removal tool will also remove http://yourwebsite.com from Google's index.
7. Specialized Google Sitemap formats:
• are not specific to Google and can be used by other search engines as well.
• are specific to Google and are not used by other search engines.
• are specific to Google and Yahoo.
8. Webmaster Tools does not show:
• who is linking to your website and how.
• which pages on your website get the most links.
• which keyword searches drive the most traffic to your website.
• which webpages of your site are generating the least revenue.
9. If the Webmaster Tools data shows missing Titles in the pages of your website, ______.
• no action is required on your part.
• the missing titles must be replaced as soon as possible.
• you must submit a new sitemap at the earliest convenience.
• you must submit a new robots.txt file for the pages with the missing page titles.
10. The crawl errors shown in Google webmaster tools do not include:
• not followed
• not found
• restricted by robots.txt
• images without alt text
11. Which of the following stats about Googlebot crawl activity are not shown in Google webmaster tools?
• Pages crawled per day
• Kilobytes downloaded per day
• Time spent downloading a page
• Custom reports
12. Files in the URLs that are protected by authentication:
• can not be retrieved by Google.
• can be retrieved by Google but can not be cached by it.
• can be indexed by Google.
13. Registering the misspellings of a well known website as a domain for your website ______.
• is acceptable
• is considered a misleading practice
14. If you submit a News sitemap for your website, Google News will:
• use normal crawl methods to search and index your news site.
• blacklist your website.
• give preference to your website in search results.
15. In case you feel the expected keywords are missing from the Google webmasters keywords page, you should:
• contact your website hosting service.
• change the meta content of your pages.
• intensify the Google AdWords campaigns for the keywords.
• review the Crawl Errors page for your site and take corrective action, if required.
16. A Sitemap file can contain no more than ______.
• 5,000 URLs.
• 5,000 characters.
• 50,000 URLs.
• 50,000 characters.
17. Enabling your web server to support the "If-Modified-Since" HTTP header:
• is not possible.
• reduces the crawl rate of your site by Googlebot.
• enhances the performance of your web server.
• allows your web server to tell Google whether your content has changed since it last crawled your site.
18. If you set the Geographic target of your website as Canada,
• Google will consider your website better optimized to search results when users choose show pages from Canada while using Google search.
• Google will consider your website better optimized to search results in default web search.
• Google will consider your website better optimized to search results for paid search results.
• Google will consider your website better optimized for image search results.
19. Choose the incorrect statement.
• Content Analysis helps to identify potential issues with the content on your site.
• The robots.txt analyzer tool helps you to make sure you are not accidentally blocking Googlebot from crawling your site.
• You must place your Video Sitemap at a publicly accessible URL.
• It is not possible to remove the pages of your website from Google's search results.
20. The above graphic shows:
• the information about user search queries that have returned pages from your site
• the images from your site not crawled by Google
• the issues encountered by Google while crawling your site
21. You can report about a website to Google which indulges in buying or selling "paid links" through Webmaster Tools.
22. The first page you see on logging into Google Webmaster tools is______.
23. A custom crawl rate set for Google Webmaster Tools is valid for ______.
• 90 days
• 30 days
• 180 days
• 7 days
24. State whether true or false: The data displayed in Google Webmaster Tools may be different from the data shown by other tools such as Google Analytics.
25. Google recommends adding _______ version of your website to Google Webmaster Tools.
• any one
• only the web
• only the mobile
26. The above error message can be customized by:
• creating a new 404 page and redirecting your custom 404 page to it.
• modifying the sitemap.
• saving a new robots.txt file.
• customizing and adding a 404 widget to your custom 404 page.
27. What is the maximum number of links that should be displayed on a single page according to Google Webmaster guidelines?
• Fewer than 75
• Fewer than 100
• Fewer than 500
• There is no such limit.
28. If you specify your preferred domain as http://www.yoursite.com and Google finds a link to your site that is formatted as http://yoursite.com, it will be followed as ______.
29. Google Webmaster Tools does not______.
• show which keyword searches drive the most traffic to your website
• allow the submission of a Sitemap
• show funnel visualization
• provide the robots.txt analyzer tool
30. The appearance of which of the following in Google Webmaster Tools could be a sign that your site has been hacked?
• Unexpected Googlebot activity
• Unexpected keywords like "Viagra" in the keywords page
• Unexpected change in the Google crawl rate
• Unexpected pages linking to your website in sitelinks
31. Specialized Google Sitemap formats do not include:
• Video Sitemaps
• Mobile Sitemaps
• News Sitemaps
• Apps Sitemaps
• Geo Sitemaps
32. Moving the slider of the Set Custom crawl rate to a faster pace______
• is recommended only if you are experiencing traffic problems with your server.
• is not possible.
• may increase the Googlebot traffic on your server.
• may reduce the freshness and number of the crawled pages.
33. Google determines the "recommended crawl rate" based on ______.
• the number of pages in your site
• the page rank of your site's homepage
• the number of links pointing to your website
• the popularity of your website
34. Webmaster Tools helps you see your site:
• the way search engines see it.
• the way Google sees it.
• the way internet users see it.
• the way your Ad viewers see it.
35. Google Webmaster Tools does not:
• help you to see your site the way Google does.
• show which pages on your site get the most links.
• show the number of unique page views during a given time period.
• show who is linking to your site and how.
36. Google Webmaster Tools does not help you to see ______.
• when Googlebot last visited your site
• the URLs which Google could not crawl
• how your site is indexed by Google
• your site's popularity stats
37. To help Google determine how your site appears in Google's country-specific search results, you should ______.
• set a preferred domain
• define a geographical target
• define crawl rate
• change image search settings
38. While submitting a Sitemap, if you specify your site location as http://www.yoursite.com/, your URL list:
• should contain the URLs that begin with http://yoursite.com/.
• should not contain the URLs that begin with http://www.yoursite.com/.
• should not contain the URLs that begin with http://yoursite.com/.
39. Setting a geographic target through Google Webmaster Tools:
• will improve your site's ranking in default search results.
• will not improve your site's appearance in search results specific for the same geographic area.
• will improve your site's appearance in search results specific for the same geographical area.