<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Databases category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. Evaluate the following SQL: CREATE USER sam IDENTIFIED BY sam; GRANT CREATE ANY MATERIALIZED VIEW, CREATE ANY DIMENSION, DROP ANY DIMENSION, QUERY REWRITE, GLOBAL QUERY REWRITE TO dw_manager WITH ADMIN OPTION; GRANT dw_manager TO sam WITH ADMIN OPTION; Which of the following actions is the user SAM able to perform?
• Select from a table
• Create and drop a materialized view
• Alter a materialized view that you created
• Grant and revoke the role to and from other users
• Enable the role and exercise any privileges in the role's privilege domain
2. ASM disk groups provide:
• Redundancy through striping
• Performance through mirroring.
• Redundancy through mirroring
• Performance through striping
3. Consider the following SQL statement: UPDATE employees SET first_name = 'John' WHERE emp_id = 1009; COMMIT; What happens when a user issues the COMMIT in the above SQL statement?
• The server process places the commit record in the redo log buffer
• Log Writer (LGWR) writes the redo log buffer entries to the redo log files and data files
• The user process notifies the server process that the transaction is complete
• The user process notifies the server process that the resource locks can be released
4. The initialization parameter UNDO_RETENTION is used:
• To specify the length of time for which Oracle must retain undo data in the undo tablespace
• To specify the length of time for which Oracle must retain undo data in the flash recovery area
• To specify the length of time for which Oracle must retain undo data in the data files
• To specify the length of time for which Oracle will retain undo data in the flashback database logs
5. The SQL Access Advisor is managed:
• Through the DBMS_SQLTUNE package
• Through the DBMS_ADVISOR package
• Through the SQL_TUNE package
• Through the DBA_ADVISOR package
6. ______________ is mandatory for using the easy connect naming method.
• Host name
• Database name
• Service name
• Port number
7. Which background process performs a checkpoint in the database by writing modified blocks from the database buffer cache in the SGA to the data files?
8. What is the purpose of the flashback technology in Oracle Database 10g?
• Recovery from physical corruption of a data file
• Recovery from physical and logical corruption of a data file
• Recovery from logical corruption of a data file
• Recovery from a problem brought on by a damaged disk drive
9. Which of the following statements are correct with regard to Rebuilding Indexes?
• The ALTER INDEX REBUILD command is used to change the storage characteristics of an index
• Using the ALTER INDEX REBUILD is usually faster than dropping and recreating an index because it uses the fast full scan feature
• Oracle8i allows the creation of an index or re-creation of an existing index while allowing concurrent operations on the base table
• When building an index, the NOLOGGING and UNRECOVERABLE keywords can be used concurrently to reduce the time it takes to rebuild
10. Which of the following constitute the functions of an ASM instance?
• Managing disk groups and communicating file metadata to the Oracle database using ASM files
• Managing database files and communicating file metadata to the ASM instance using ASM files
• Managing disk groups and communicating file metadata to the RMAN
• Protecting disk groups
11. The utility SQL*Loader should not be used:
• While loading selected rows into each table
• While loading data from an export dump file
• While loading data from disk, tape, or named pipes
• While the data is NOT being inserted from a flat file
12. You want to find the following information about a user: - The expiry date of the user's account - The user's default tablespace name - The user's profile name Which data dictionary view should be queried for the purpose?
• DBA_USERS only
• DBA_USERS and DBA_PROFILES
• DBA_USERS and DBA_TABLESPACES
• DBA_USERS, DBA_TS_QUOTAS, and DBA_PROFILES
13. Which of the following is a new initialization parameter for Oracle Database 10g?
14. What does the ARBn background process do in an ASM instance?
• Coordinates disk activity
• Performs disk rebalance work
• Coordinates disk rebalance work
• Manages the RBAL process
15. What should you confirm before changing the CURSOR_SPACE_FOR_TIME parameter (in your initialization file) to TRUE?
• The TIMED_STATISTICS parameter is set to TRUE
• The hit percentage in the buffer cache is at least 95%
• The OPEN_CURSOR parameter is set to at least twice the default value
• The value in the RELOADS column of V$LIBRARYCACHE is consistently zero
16. ________________ shows the free space available in a certain tablespace.
17. Examine the following SQL statement: CREATE TABLESPACE user_data DATAFILE '/u01/oradata/user_data_0l.dbf' SIZE 100M LOCALLY MANAGED UNIFORM SIZE 1M AUTOMATIC SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT; Which part of the tablespace will be of a uniform size (of 1 MB)?
• Oracle block
• Operating system block
18. Which DBMS_LOGMNR feature facilitates the automatic addition of the redo log files for mining?
19. Which of the following statements are correct for rebuilding an index?
• The resulting index may contain deleted entries
• A new index is built using an existing index as the data source
• Queries cannot use the existing index while the new index is being built
• During a rebuild, sufficient space is needed to accommodate both the old and new indexes in their respective tablespaces
20. Which of the following helps you identify your statement in the DBA_TUNE_MVIEW view?
• The STATEMENT variable
• The STATEMENT_ID column
• The VIEW_ID column
• The TASK_NAME variable
21. Where is the trace file generated when a deadlock shutdown is detected by Oracle?
22. Which of the following initialization parameters belong to the basic group of parameters?
23. Which of the following views provides the names of all the data dictionary views?
24. What will happen if you set the value of the SGA_TARGET parameter higher than the value of the SGA_MAX_ SIZE parameter at instance startup?
• The instance will not start
• SGA_TARGET will become equal to the SGA_MAX_SIZE value
• The database will ignore the SGA_TARGET parameter
• SGA_MAX_SIZE is automatically raised, so it is equal to the SGA_TARGET value
25. Which of the following constitute the types of segments?
• Only LOBS
• Only nested tables
• Only index-organized tables
• Only LOBS and index-organized tables
• Nested tables, LOBS, index-organized tables, and boot straps
26. Which of the following commands are used to apply incremental backups?
• RECOVER BACKUP OF DATABASE
• RECOVER DATAFILE
• RECOVER COPY OF DATAFILE
• RECOVER COPY OF DATABASE
27. Which of the following physical structures constitute the Oracle database?
• Data file
• Log file
• Control file
28. Which of the following statements are correct for using the RESETLOGS option?
• You don't need to back up the database
• You must back up the database right away
• You can use archive redo logs from an older incarnation of the database
• You cannot use archive redo logs from an older incarnation of the database
29. Which of the following initialization parameters specifies the location of the alert log file?
30. Which of the following commands revokes the ROLE_DATA role from all the users?
• REVOKE role_data FROM ALL;
• REVOKE role_data FROM PUBLIC;
• REVOKE role_data FROM default;
• REVOKE role_data FROM ALL_USERS;
31. User Smith created indexes on some tables owned by user John. You need to display the following: Index names Index types Which data dictionary view(s) would you query?
• DBA_INDEXES only
• DBA_IND_COLUMNS only
• DBA_INDEXES and DBA_USERS
• DBA_IND COLUMNS and DBA_USERS
32. Which of the following conditions must be met to make tablespace read-only?
• The tablespace must contain an active rollback segments
• The tablespace must be online
• The tablespace must not contain any active rollback segments
• The tablespace must not be involved in an open backup
• The tablespace must be involved in an open backup
33. Where can you find the non default parameters when the instance is started?
• Alert log
• Online redo log
• Archiver redo log
• SYSTEM user's trace file
34. Which of the following types of commands is used to copy ASM files?
• RMAN Commands
• OMF Commands
• Operating System Commands
• Logical Volume Manager Commands
35. Which of the following items are stored in the flash recovery area?
• Undo segments
• Datafile copies
• Archived redo log files
36. What happens when the DBA disables the flash recovery area?
• The RMAN will continue to be able to access the files in the flash recovery area
• The RMAN will be unable to access the files in the flash recovery area
• The RMAN will be unable to access the automatic space management features of the flash recovery area
• None of the above
37. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to index clusters?
• Index clusters can only be used for tables with low cardinality columns
• Index clusters are generally well suited for tables that have many full table scans
• Normal B-Tree indexes do not store null key values, whereas cluster indexes store null keys
• A cluster index always takes up much more storage space than a normal index for the same set of key values
38. What is the default value for the OPTIMIZER_MODE initialization parameter?
39. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to LOG_BUFFER initialization parameter?
• The LOG_BUFFER parameter can be changed dynamically
• The minimum value for the LOG_FILE parameter is 512KB
• The LOG_BUFFER parameter value must be a multiple of the database block size
• The LOG_BUFFER parameter value must be a multiple of the operating system block size
40. The RMAN CATALOG command:
• Helps create the image copies of datafiles
• Helps create the image copies of current control files
• Helps catalog the new files that are not a part of the recovery catalog
• Helps catalog only the old files
41. What are two main advantages of using bitmap indexes?
• Bitmap indexes use less storage space
• Bitmap segments are updated upon COMMIT, at the end of the transaction
• Bitmap indexes work very fast with multiple predicates that are combined with AND, OR, and NOT operators
• None of the above
42. Which of the following data dictionary views should be used to get a list of object privileges for all the database users?
43. Which of the following sets of tablespaces is mandatory for any Oracle 10g database?
• SYSTEM, SYSAUX, and UNDOTBS
• SYSTEM and UNDOTBS
• SYSAUX and UNDOTBS
• SYSTEM and SYSAUX
44. Which tablespace is used as a temporary tablespace if 'TEMPORARY TABLESPACE' is not specified for a user?
45. Which of the following graphical DBA administration tools is used to tune an Oracle database?
• Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Oracle Universal Installer
• Oracle Database Configuration Assistant
46. In an Oracle database environment, SGA is created:
• When the database is created
• When the instance is started
• When the database is mounted
• When a user process is started