<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Computer Skills category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. You require to make a form in Word 2000. You require certain parts of the form to be protected against changes made by the end user and certain parts to be editable. How will you achieve this?
• Add sections to the form, and choose which sections you would like to protect from the end user. You can make this choice at the menu Tools->Protect document
• Add Page breaks to the form, and choose which Page breaks you would like to protect from the end user. You can make this choice at the menu Tools->Protect document
• Mark the unprotected parts of the form by using ** and /** characters and protect the whole form from the menu Tools->Protect document
• Mark the unprotected parts of the form by using && and /&& characters and protect the whole form from the menu Tools->Protect document
• Select the parts of the form that you do not want to protect, and choose Tools->do not protect. After completing this, protect the whole form from the menu Tools->Protect document
2. The figure shows the Word 2000 formatting tools marked from A to I which are available in the formatting toolbar. Which tool has been used on the text shown on the picture?
• Tool A
• Tool C
• Tool G
• Tool H
• Tool E
3. Can you give a 3D (3 Dimensional) effect to your text and graphics using Word 2000?
4. The figure shows the horizontal ruler. What has been marked by the red arrow?
• The indent marker
• The hanging indent marker
• The second line indent marker
• The paragraph indent marker
• The cascading indent marker
5. You have to prepare an essay in Word 2000 consisting of only 250 words. What is the most convenient way for you to count the total number of words in your document?
• First justify the document (both left and right justified), then count the number of words on one line, and multiply them by the number of lines
• Select the text whose words you require to count and right-click the mouse button. Choose the 'Words count' option
• Choose the 'Words count' option under the Tools menu
• Choose the 'Paragraph statistics' option under the View menu
• Count each word one by one. There is currently no tool available for counting the number of words
6. The figure shows the Size Tab options available at the menu Format->Picture. The 'Lock aspect Ratio' box is checked. Which of the following statements is true about the 'Lock aspect Ratio' setting?
• You should select this box if you want to preserve the height-to-width proportions
• If you select this box and then enter a pixel value in either the Width or Height box, Word 2000 will automatically change the value in the other box to preserve the graphic's proportions
• You can stretch the image to any extent if you do not select this option
• Checking this option helps keep the image size the same when you stretch or reduce the image
7. What is the function of AutoSummarize feature in Word 2000?
• It creates a 250 word, 500 word or 1000 word summary of the document
• It adds Automatic headers, Bold and italic characters as well as automatic formatting of the document to give the look of a well summarized document
• It summarizes the statistics of the document into a report such as total words, total characters, total pages, total paragraphs, file size etc
• It identifies the key points in a document for you to share with others or to help you scan them quickly
8. What are bookmarks used for?
• To quickly jump to a specific location in the document
• To add hyperlinks in a web page
• To add anchors in a web page
• To mark the ending of a page of the document
• To mark the ending of a section of the document
9. The figure shows the Edit tab under the Tools->Options Menu. The 'Tabs and backspace set left indent' option has been checked. What function does this option perform if it is checked?
• It sets the page indent from the left side of the page instead of the right side
• It fixes the left indent at zero and the TAB and BACKSPACE keys have no effect on indenting the text
• It increases and decreases the left indents when you press the TAB and BACKSPACE keys
• It fixes the left indent at 1 inch, and the TAB and BACKSPACE keys have no effect on indenting the text
10. Which font effect has been applied on the text shown in the figure?
• Double strikethrough
11. Which Word 2000 toolbar is shown in the figure?
• Forms toolbar
• Formatting toolbar
• Autotext toolbar
• Tables and Borders
• Database toolbar
• Drawing toolbar
12. What will you do to print an A5-size (148mm x 210mm) document on an A4-size (210 x 297mm) paper?
• Scale the font of the text by the required percentage e.g. if A5-size is 20% smaller then A4-size, scale the font to 120% and print the document
• Specify Scale to paper size as A4 under the File->Print menu
• Specify paper size as A4 in the print properties available at the menu File->Print
• Choose the option Allow A4/letter paper resizing in the Print Options available at the menu File->Print
13. What does the CTRL+I shortcut accomplish in Word 2000?
• It converts the selected text into the next larger size of the same font
• It adds a line break to the document
• It makes the selected text bold
• It applies italic formatting to the selected text
• Picture toolbar
14. The figure shows the Drop Cap menu option. What function does this option perform?
• It does not allow capital letters to be used in the document
• It does not allow capital letters to be used in the document apart from the first letter of any sentence
• It lets you begin a paragraph with a large dropped initial capital letter
• It automatically starts all paragraphs and sentences with capital letters
• It provides options for converting all uppercase text to lowercase text
15. You can add Headers and Footers to a document from the menu View->Header and Footer. Why are Headers and Footers used in a document?
• To enhance the overall appearance of the document
• To mark the starting and ending of a page
• To make large documents more readable
• To allow Page headers and footers to appear on the document when it is printed
• To allow Page headers and footnotes to appear on a web page when it is previewed in a browser
16. How are spelling errors displayed in Word 2000?
• The errors are highlighted by a green wavy line
• The word with the wrong spelling has a strikethrough font
• The errors are highlighted by a red wavy line
• The color of the word with the wrong spelling will change to red
17. The figure shows the Margin Tab under the Menu File->Page Setup. The Gutter Margin has been set at 0.1". What is a gutter margin?
• Some extra space added to the right margin of the page required for cutting the page into even sizes at the time of binding
• Some extra space added to the left margin of the page required for binding the document
• A maximum limit set for editing the left margin so that it is not decreased beyond a certain limit
• A maximum limit set for editing the right margin so that it is not increased beyond a certain limit
• A bottom margin set for all pages that are required for footnotes
18. Your document consists of 10 pages. You would like to print page 1, page 2, page 4, page 5, page 7, page 8, page 9, and page 10. Which of the following is a valid page range that you can specify at the time of printing the document?
• 1 to 2,4,5,7,8,9,10
19. What does the CTRL+B shortcut accomplish in Word 2000?
• It converts the selected text into the next larger size of the same font
• It adds a line break to the document
• It makes the selected text bold
• It adds a segment break to the document
20. Which feature of Word 2000 allows you to use information from two different files for the quick creation of personal correspondence and other documents like interview letters and invitations?
• Mail Merge
• Web Mail
• Mail Manager
• File Mail Manager
21. State whether True or False. You create a table in Word 2000 and enter some values in various cells and save the document. Later, you decide to delete the table. If you directly try to delete the table, Word 2000 first prompts you to delete the various values in the cells.
22. What is the Thesaurus used for?
• Spelling options
• Grammar options
• Synonyms and Antonyms
• Opposite words
• Different options for spelling the word
23. Why are footnotes and endnotes used in printed documents?
• To mention the page number at the bottom of the page
• To mention the current date and the date the document was created
• To explain, comment on, or provide references for text in a document
• To add html links that can link the document to a web page
24. The figure shows the Character Spacing Tab options under the menu Format->Fonts. The Scale has been set at 200%. What effect does this have on the text?
• The spacing between the characters in the text increases by 200%
• The spacing between the characters in the text decreases by 200%
• The font size of the characters in the text increases by 200%
• The characters in the text are stretched horizontally by 200%
• The characters in the text are stretched vertically by 200%
25. What is a Tab Stop in Word 2000?
• A setting that disables the use of the Tab key while working on a document
• A setting that disables the use of the Shift+Tab key combination while working on a document
• A position you set for placing and aligning text on a page
• The point at which one page ends and another begins
26. How can you insert a sound file in a Word 2000 Document?
• From the Insert->Object menu option
• From the Insert->Sound menu option
• From the Insert->File menu option
• By right-clicking on the document and choosing the 'Add sound' option
27. The figure shows the print options under the menu File->print. The 'Print data only for forms' option is unchecked (not been selected). What does this mean?
• It allows for printing of the complete online form along with the data in the form
• It allows for printing of the online form only along with its data, and does not print anything else on the document
• It allows for printing of the data in an online form as a table. Each entry in the form is printed as a row in the table
• It allows for printing of the data entered into an online form without printing the online form
28. What is a watermark?
• Any text or graphic which when printed appears either on top of or behind the existing document text
• A small icon that is automatically printed on the footer of a page to indicate that the page must be edited before saving
• An area on the left side of a page that increases the overall left margin. This space is required for binding the document after printing
• An image or picture anywhere in the document that links to a web page on the internet
• A small mark that appears next to the text on the page. Placing the mouse pointer over the text displays comments related to the text
29. How can you convert the whole document into uppercase if you have it typed in lowercase?
• Select the document text and choose the 'All caps' option under the menu Format->Style
• Select the document text and choose 'Corporate' under the menu Format->Theme
• Select the document text and choose the 'All caps' option under the menu Format->Fonts
• There is no such option available in Word 2000
30. In the figure, the words 'fox jumped' appear lower than the rest of the words in the sentence. Which effect has been applied to these words?
• Laid down
31. Can you change the background picture of a Word 2000 Theme that has been applied to a page?
32. State whether the following statement is True or False. Once a macro is running, it is not possible to stop it.
33. The figure shows the 'Indents and Spacing' Tab options under the menu Format->Paragraph. The Line spacing has been set at 'Exactly'. What does this mean?
• The line spacing is fixed and Word 2000 does not adjust it. This option does not space all lines evenly
• Word 2000 sets the line spacing at exactly One-and-one-half times that of single line spacing
• Word 2000 accommodates the largest font in that line, plus a small amount of extra space depending upon the font used
• The line spacing is fixed and Word 2000 does not adjust it. This option spaces all lines evenly
34. When you right-click on a cell of a table drawn in a document, you can see the properties and options as shown in the figure. The split cells option has been highlighted in the figure. What is the function of this option?
• It divides an existing cell horizontally into 2 equal cells
• It divides an existing cell vertically into 2 equal cells
• It allows you to divide an existing cell of a table into more rows and columns
• It allows you to merge 2 or more existing cells with one another
35. What does the CTRL+U shortcut accomplish in Word 2000?
• It underlines the selected word
• It converts the selected word to uppercase
• It undeletes the last deleted word
• It undoes the last action performed in Word 2000
36. The figure shows the Edit Tab under the Tools->Options Menu. The 'Enable click and type' option has been checked. What function does this option perform?
• It allows you to quickly insert text, graphics, tables, or other items in a blank area of a document
• It enables automatic formatting of paragraphs in the document by double clicking on the paragraph
• It automatically inserts a chosen graphic or icon wherever the user double-clicks on the document
• It performs a spell check of the word that has been double-clicked
• It automatically creates a table and inserts the document text into various cells according to how it has been formatted with commas and semicolons
37. What is the minimum number of rows and columns that a Word 2000 table can have?
• 2 Rows and 1 Column
• 2 Rows and 2 Columns
• 1 Row and 1 Column
• 1 Row and 2 Columns
38. What is a page break in Word 2000?
• It refers to an instruction to the printer to print a new page
• It refers to the point at which one page ends and another begins
• It refers to dividing a page into 2 parts vertically
• It refers to dividing a page into 2 parts horizontally
• It refers to Word 2000 automatically breaking the continuity of a block of text by adding headers, bold faced characters and breaking the text into new paragraphs
39. How can you resize the width or height of a picture in a Word 2000 document?
• By dragging the sizing handles that appear at the edges of the picture
• By altering the height and width size in the 'Size' Tab available at the menu Format->Picture
• By scaling the height and width in the 'Size' tab available at the menu Format->Picture
• By right-clicking on the picture and choosing the 'Picture Size' option
40. Which shortcut key combination will allow you to check the spelling of the complete document if you have not changed the shortcut keys' settings?
41. Which of the following are valid sources for storing the addressee information required for Word 2000 mail merge?
• Word 2000
• MS Access
• MS Outlook
• MS Excel
42. Why are sections used in a Word 2000 document?
• They are used to divide the document into parts so that each part may be independently printed when the print command is given
• To divide the document into parts so as to allow certain parts of the document to display data from a table
• To divide the document into parts so as to allow certain parts of the document to display data from the internet
• To vary the layout of a document within a page or between pages by dividing the document into parts, and then to allow formatting of each part the way you want
• To vary the layout of a document within a page or between pages by dividing the document into parts, with the purpose of applying a different Word 2000 theme to each part
43. Can you insert a new table inside a cell of an existing table in your Word 2000 document?
44. How can you create a box around text placed on a web page, as shown in the figure?
• Place the text in a table and give the table a boundary
• Choose 'box' under the Menu item Format->Borders and Shading
• Right-click on the selected text and choose 'add boundary' in the text properties
• Draw a rectangle around the text using the rectangle drawing tool
45. Is it possible for you to add custom words to the dictionary that Word 2000 uses to check spelling errors in your document?