<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Computer Skills category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. Can you add a table to a PowerPoint presentation using the basic features available in PowerPoint?
2. You have prepared a 20 slide presentation for the annual sales conference. You would like to have the presentation quickly approved by your boss, and would like to omit slides 4 to 10 during your presentation to your boss. What is the best way to achieve this?
• Save the original PowerPoint presentation, and then make a new presentation without slides 4 to 10
• During the show, quickly move through slides 4 to 10 so that they are not clearly visible
• Add a temporary hyperlink in slide 3 to slide 11
• Set up the show to omit files 4 to 10 in the menu option Slide Show->Set Up Show
• Create a Custom Show
3. Can you add a form to a PowerPoint presentation using the basic features available in PowerPoint?
4. You can group various objects such as pictures that you place in your PowerPoint presentation from the Draw->Group menu on the drawing toolbar. Which of the following are the benefits of grouping objects?
• Once objects are grouped, they can be resized as though they are one object
• It helps to save hard disk space
• It speeds up the processing while running a slide show
• Once objects are grouped, they can be moved together as though they are one object
5. When you start PowerPoint, you are required to choose 1 of 3 options between AutoContent Wizard, Design Template and Blank presentation. Which of the following statements regarding these options is correct?
• AutoContent Wizard only helps you in designing the layout of the presentation
• Design Template provides you with content suggestions
• AutoContent provides you with content suggestions
• AutoContent Wizard helps you design presentations for a select audience, but does not offer you any background settings
6. Which of the following statements about the Slide Master are correct?
• The Slide Master acts as a pattern for the slides in a presentation
• You cannot resize the placeholders in the Slide Master (placeholders are the boxes that appear in the slide where you can add text or graphics)
• Any formatting of placeholders or backgrounds applied to the Slide Master will effect all existing slides
• Any formatting of placeholders or backgrounds applied to the slide master will effect all future slides
7. The figure shows a view of a PowerPoint presentation. Which view is it?
• Normal view
• Graphical view
• Slider view
• Slide show
• Slide sorter
8. What are Custom Shows? (Available under the menu option Slide Show->Custom Shows)
• They are special presentations that contain programs that can be run from an action button
• They are presentations that include custom fonts and features which are not available in PowerPoint
• They are a group of slides selected from the complete presentation which can be shown separately as a presentation
• They are pre-designed PowerPoint shows developed for select audiences
9. The figure shows the PowerPoint drawing toolbar. The last button on the right is a 3-dimensional box. What is the function of this button?
• It is used to draw a 3D box
• It is used to draw a 2D box
• It is used to convert 2D text into 3D text
• It is used to draw 3D shapes
• It is used to convert 2D shapes into 3D shapes
10. The figure shows some text that has been formatted by clicking on one of the buttons marked from a to i. Which button has been clicked?
• Button C
• Button D
• Button E
• Button G
11. Which key should you press to exit from a running slide show?
12. Which of the following actions can you set for an action button that you've placed on your slide?
• Hyperlink to a particular slide when clicking on the button
• Hyperlink to a particular slide when the mouse moves over the button
• Play a sound when clicking on the button
• Run a program when clicking on the button
13. The figure shows the background options for a slide under the Format->Background menu option. Which of the following statements about Background fill shown in the figure are correct?
• By selecting a color through background fill, PowerPoint temporarily changes the background of your slide
• By selecting a color through background fill, PowerPoint temporarily changes the background of your slide when you click on the preview button
• By selecting a color through background fill, PowerPoint permanently changes the background of your slide
• The background fill box suggests up to 4 colors that can be used on the slide with the background color that has been chosen
• The background settings you choose in background fill are only made permanent when you click Apply
14. Which of the following functions can AutoCorrect perform
• Correct two initial capitals
• Capitalize the first letter of the sentence
• Capitalize Christian names
• Capitalize names of days
15. Before your final presentation, you would like to time how long you spend on each slide and the total duration of your presentation. What is the most appropriate way of doing this?
• Ask an attendant to time your presentation with a watch as there is no built-in feature to accomplish this in PowerPoint
• This option is available under the Slide Show->Record Narration menu option
• This option is available under the Slide Show->Rehearse Timings menu option
• This option is available under the Slide Show->Custom Shows menu option
16. The figure shows some text containing the words 'fox jumped' that have had a font effect applied to them. Which effect has been applied?
17. If you would like to add a picture from a file into your PowerPoint presentation, how would you proceed?
• Choose the menu option Insert->Picture->Clip Art
• Choose the menu option Insert->Picture->From File
• Choose the menu option Slide Show->Add Picture->From File
18. When you add a date to the footer of a slide, PowerPoint automatically picks up the computer date. What should you do to display a date in the footer that is fixed as August 12, 2002?
• Add August, 12th 2002 in the footer text
• Choose the Date and Time as fixed under the menu option View->Header and Footer
• The date is always picked up automatically in PowerPoint, and there is no provision to display a fixed date on a slide
19. What is the function of the Summary Slide on the Slide Sorter toolbar?
• It gives you a summary of the file size and number of images used in the selected slide
• It creates a bulleted list from the titles of the selected slide
• It is an automatically generated slide that mentions all the slide numbers and titles for your entire presentation
• It is an automatically generated slide that depicts the hierarchy and linking of your slides
20. State whether the following statement is true or false. You can only apply footers to slides and not headers.