<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Computer Skills category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. Suppose you clone the slicer shown in the image above into another worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2010. Considering that you make changes to the tile selected, in one of the slicers, which of the following statements shall be true?
• All cloned copies of that slicer are also updated instantly.
• Only the original slicer reflects the changes being made.
• An error is displayed because no updations are allowed in slicers having cloned copies.
• None of the above.
2. How would you assign a macro to a graphic?
• On the Developer tab, in the Code group, click on Macros.
• On the View tab, click on Macros and then click on Assign Macro on the shortcut menu. In the Macro name box, click on the macro that you want to assign.
• On a worksheet, right-click on the graphic, then click on Assign Macro on the shortcut menu. In the Macro name box, click on the macro that you want to assign.
3. State whether following statement regarding cell references in Microsoft Excel 2010 is true or false: A Relative cell reference consists of the column letter and row number surrounded by dollar signs ($).
4. Slicers are filtering components which are used to filter the data in a PivotTable report or CUBE functions. Which of the following data sources is/are supported by Slicers in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• Office Database connections
• Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) Queries
• Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) Cube Files
• All of the above
5. Which of the following tools is used to format Excel worksheet data, as shown in the figure above?
6. In the given screenshot, the letter X is pointing to an area between the first Row header, and the first Column header. What will happen when this particular area is selected?
• It will select the whole sheet.
• It will close and save this particular worksheet of the workbook.
• Nothing will happen.
• It will hide this particular worksheet.
7. Which of the following components of Excel Services enables the user to edit a published workbook inside a web browser?
• Excel Calculation Services (ECS)
• Excel Web Access (EWA)
• Excel Web Services (EWS)
8. What is the filename extension of Excel workbooks which are saved as 'Excel Templates'?
9. State whether following statement regarding images in Microsoft Excel 2010 is true or false: Microsoft Excel 2010 supports 3D rotation of images.
10. In the above given screenshot of a Microsoft Excel 2010 Worksheet, there are two columns B and D containing some integer data. Considering that cell D9 is assigned the formula: =SUM(D3:D7), which of the following statements is true?
• The value of cell D9 will be 24
• The value of cell D9 will be 42
• The value of cell D9 will be #VALUE!
11. Which of the following statements are true regarding PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• PowerPivot streamlines the process of integrating data from multiple sources like databases, spreadsheets, reports and text files.
• PowerPivot does not allow access to slicers when working on data in PowerPivot.
• Version control and tracking are NOT supported by PowerPivot.
12. With reference to the screenshot given, which of the following formulae CANNOT be used to calculate the average of the column 'Marks' in the cell 'E17'?
• =AVERAGE(E6 to E15)
13. Which of the following statements is true regarding MS Excel Web Access on a SharePoint Foundation 2010 Server?
• The worksheet grid in Excel Web Access on SharePoint Foundation 2010 Server is limited to 20 columns and 75 rows.
• It is possible to select contiguous and noncontiguous cells on a worksheet using mouse and keyboard.
• It is not possible to use the CTRL+Enter keyboard combination on formulas entered in multiple cells in a worksheet.
14. State whether the following is true or false: Excel Web App supports Undo/Redo but it is disabled when multiple users are collaborating on the same workbook
15. What does the icon marked with a red square in the figure above signify?
• It signifies that a macro is enabled.
• It signifies that the document contains digital signatures.
• It signifies that a macro is disabled.
• It signifies that a webcam has been detected.
16. Excel keeps the changed history of a workbook for ________ days by default.
• 10 days
• 20 days
• 25 days
• 30 days
17. Which of the following is available as fill options while formatting cells of an Excel worksheet using the format style as Data Bar?
• Gradient Fill
• Crystal Fill
• Texture Fill
18. Suppose you create a workbook in Microsoft Excel 2010 and run the 'Check Accessibility' option. This option is used to check the workbook for ____________.
• Content that people with disabilities might find difficult to read.
• Checking features not supported by earlier versions of Excel.
• Both a and b
19. Which of the following axis settings are available for the appearance of data bars for negative values in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• Cell right
• Cell left
20. What is the purpose of time stamping a digital signature in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• It helps you mitigate integrity threats.
• It ensures that digital signatures remain valid and legally defensible even if the certificate that is used to sign the document expires.
• It enables you to specify cryptographic settings for encrypting documents.
• None of the above
21. Microsoft Excel Services is a component of:
• Microsoft SharePoint Technology
• Microsoft Server Technology
• Microsoft Virtualization Technology
22. Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding import of data into PowerPivot?
• Data can be imported into PowerPivot by either selecting list of tables or by writing SQL query.
• The data being imported into PowerPivot can be filtered before the import.
• The PowerPivot Import Wizard provides you with an SQL Query builder.
23. Which among the following settings is the default macro security setting?
• Disable all macros except digitally signed macros.
• Disable all macros with notification.
• Enable all macros.
24. Which of the following sorting options is NOT available under the Sort On option while sorting the data of a table in an Microsoft Excel 2010 worksheet?
• Cell Color
• Font Color
• Font Style
25. State whether the following statement regarding cell references in Microsoft Excel 2010 is true or false: An Absolute cell reference consists of the column letter and row number.
26. In the given screenshot, the contents of the 'Name of User' column have been oriented at an angle. How is this done?
• By using the 'Orientation' button in the alignment group of the 'Home' tab.
• By using the 'Orientation' button on the 'Page Layout' tab.
• By using the 'WordArt' button on the 'Insert' tab.
27. Which of the following statements is not true regarding offline cube files in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• An offline cube file stores data in the form of an OLAP cube.
• If you delete the offline cube file for the report, still you can create a new offline cube file for the report.
• An offline cube file allows you to work with PivotTable and PivotChart reports even when the server is unavailable.
28. In the given screenshot, there are red triangles in the upper-right corner of each cell under the column titled 'Registrations'. What do these signify?
• The red triangles represent the comment associated.
• The red triangles signify an associated data validation control.
• The red triangles represent the tracking of the cell.
• The red triangles signify that the cell is a hidden cell.
29. When you double-click on a pivot report value of a PivotTable in Microsoft Excel 2010, Excel creates new ________ with data corresponding to the pivot report value.
30. What are the benefits of digitally signing an e-mail in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• Digital signatures help authenticate the source of the messages.
• Both the sender and the receiver of a message can verify that the message has not been altered during transmission, if the message is digitally signed.
• Digitally signed e-mails meet legal requirements for admissibility and authenticity.
• All of the above.
31. Deleting a PivotChart report automatically deletes the associated PivotTable report.
32. You are a financial consultant to multiple clients and you made an investment model for them. Now you want to find out how investment rates change under different market conditions. Which of the following Microsoft Excel 2010 What-if analysis tools will you use to study such conditions?
• Data tables
• Goal Seek
33. Which of the following axis settings are available for the appearance of data bars for negative values in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• Cell midpoint
• Cell left
• Cell right
34. Which of the following areas in the Microsoft Excel 2010 PivotTable Field List, calculates the aggregates of columns?
• Report Filter
• Row Labels
35. Analyze the syntax of LOOKUP function when used in vector form? LOOKUP(lookup_value, lookup_vector, result_vector) The values in the lookup_vector must be placed in ________ order.
• Either ascending or descending
36. You are creating a new formatting rule which will be used to format a PivotTable report. Which of the following formatting styles is NOT available while formatting all cells of PivotTable report based on their values in an MS Excel 2010 worksheet?
• 2-Color Scale
• 3-Color Scale
• 4-Color Scale
• Data Bar
37. Analyze the image shown. What would be the output when you use the following formula in an MS Excel 2010 worksheet? =SUM(A2:CHOOSE(2,A3,A4,A5))
38. Analyze the syntax of LOOKUP function when used in vector form? LOOKUP(lookup_value, lookup_vector, result_vector) Which of the following arguments of the LOOKUP function is optional?
39. Which of the following statements is true regarding PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel 2010?
• One limitation of PowerPivot is that it does not allow access to Slicers when working on data in PowerPivot.
• A connection to a server running SQL Server Analysis Services is required to answer PivotTable queries by the PowerPivot engine.
• Version control and tracking is supported by PowerPivot.
40. Suppose you have created a report in Excel named 'report.xlsx'. Now you want your team members to be able to see the report remotely on a web browser, and edit the report, as desired. Also it is required that the previous versions of the report are maintained to protect against any loss of data. Which of the following options is the most suitable one to deploy this report?
• Share 'report.xlsx' by saving it to SkyDrive.
• Share 'report.xlsx' by saving it to a SharePoint site.
• Share 'report.xlsx' by sending it through email.
41. State whether the following statement regarding cell references in Microsoft Excel 2010 is true or false: A Relative cell reference consists of the column letter and row number surrounded by dollar signs ($).