<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Upwork (oDesk) test answers << Computer Skills category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. Which of the following Microsoft Access 2010 components can pose security risks in an untrusted database?
• Action queries (queries that insert, delete, or change data)
• VBA code
2. Which of the following are reserved for use by SharePoint and is not supported on the Web?
3. For what reason(s) can a digital signature or certificate be regarded as invalid?
• The publisher is not a trusted publisher.
• The digital signature has expired.
• The certificate was not issued by a certified authority.
• All of the above.
4. Which of the following elements are mandatory for the CREATE INDEX command?
• The name of the index.
• The ON argument.
• The list of fields to be included in the index.
• The name of the table that contains the fields that you want to index.
• All of the above.
5. Suppose you want to apply a calculated field on a TextBox control to concatenate the values of the firstName and lastName fields, with a space between them.Which of the following expressions will you enter in the Expression Builder?
• [firstName] +" "+[lastName]
• [firstName] +" #"+[lastName]
• [firstName] &" "& [lastName]
• [firstName] &","& [lastName]
6. What is the purpose of Option Explicit?
• It is a database object.
• Requires variable declarations.
• It contains all of the data access pages that are currently open in a Microsoft Access project.
• It contains all open standard modules and class modules in a Microsoft Access database.
7. Which of the following is not done when you compact a database?
• Table records and objects are restructured and then stored in successive memory blocks.
• Databases linked to the compacted database are compacted and repaired.
• Table records are restored into their primary key order, if a primary key exists in the table.
• The physical size of the database is reduced by making an exact duplicate of the database.
8. How can you tell if a report has no records to display or print in Microsoft Access 2010?
• By using the report's Error event.
• By using the report's ApplyFilter event.
• By using the report's NoData event.
• By using the report's Filter event.
9. Which of the following functions determines if a phrase exists in a longer string?
10. How do you start a Microsoft Access application so that the user can't see or use the Navigation Pane (or database container)?
• Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press CTRL+F11 special keys.
• Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press ALT+F1 special keys.
• Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and turn off special keys to prevent F11.
• Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press CTRL+G special keys.
11. What can you do in Report View that you cannot do in Print Preview in Microsoft Access 2010 Reports?
• You can Filter, Copy, Search, etc.
• You can make most, but not all, changes to your report.
• You can display the structure of your report.
• Resize report sections, such as Headers, Detail, and Footers
12. What is the advantage of a Class Module versus a Standard Module?
• Encapsulation, Inheritance
• Data Abstraction
13. How can you share common objects between multiple projects in Microsoft Access 2010?
• By customizing tabs.
• By creating Data Macros.
• By using a Web Browser Control.
• By creating Application Parts.
14. Consider the following tables: Books --------- BookId BookName AuthorId SubjectId PopularityRating (the Popularity of the book on a scale of 1 to 10) Language(such as French, English, German etc) What is the query to determine which German books (if any) are more popular than all the French books?
• Select bookname from books where language='German' and popularityrating =(Select popularityrating from books where language='French')
• Select bookname from books where language='German' and popularityrating > (Select popularityrating from books where language='French')
• Select bookname from books where language='French' and popularityrating > (Select max(popularityrating) from books where language='German')
• Select bookname from books where language='German' and popularityrating > (Select max(popularityrating) from books where language='French')
15. Which of the following conditions should be satisfied to create a one-to-one relationship between tables?
• The primary key and foreign key fields must have a unique index.
• The indexed property for the primary key and the foreign key fields should be set to Yes.
• The common fields must have a unique index.
• All of the above
16. Which of the following is NOT possible when you link to an Excel worksheet from within Access?
• You can append data to an existing table.
• You can create a database containing multiple linked tables.
• You can edit the Excel spreadsheet by making changes in to the linked table.
• By creating a linked table any changes that are made to the data in Excel are automatically reflected in the linked table.
17. What could be the problem when an error message "#Error" is received in a query?
• The query is joining fields that have different data types.
• A field's alias conflicts with a component of the expression for that field.
• The object or the database is damaged.
• The denominator of a calculated field is zero.
18. How do you create a report for a Crosstab Query if certain column values are missing?
• Set the Value field in the Crosstab.
• Set the Column Heading field in the Crosstab.
• Set the Pivot list in the Crosstab.
• Set the report's Crosstab property to True
19. Suppose you have a table named Cars with fields that store the name, year, price, and condition of used cars that you are considering for purchase. Also suppose that the table has become large and that you frequently include the Year field in queries. You can create an index on the Year field so that your queries return results more quickly. Which syntax will you use to achieve this?
• CREATE INDEX YearIndex ON Cars (Year)
• CREATE Year INDEX ON Cars (Year)
• CREATE INDEX ON Cars (Year)
• Both b and c
20. Which of the following is true about a.accde file in Microsoft Access 2010?
• It contains compiled VBA code to prevent users from viewing the code.
• It can be saved as a.accdb file in order to make design changes.
• It allows users to import forms and reports from other databases.
• It allows users to view, but not modify VBA code.
21. Suppose you want to use data from two tables in a query: tblCustomer and tblOrder. The two tables both have a field, CustomerID, that identifies a customer. Each record in the tblCustomer table may have one or more corresponding records in the tblOrder table, and the corresponding values can be determined by values in the CustomerID field. You now want to join the tables so that the query combines the records from the tables, excluding records from either table if there is no corresponding record in the other table. Which of the following FROM clauses will you use?
• FROM [tblCustomer] LEFT JOIN [tblOrder] ON [tblCustomer].[CustomerID]=[tblOrder].[CustomerID]
• FROM [tblCustomer] RIGHT JOIN [tblOrder] ON [tblCustomer].[CustomerID]=[tblOrder].[CustomerID]
• FROM [tblCustomer] INNER JOIN [tblOrder] ON [tblCustomer].[CustomerID]=[tblOrder].[CustomerID]
• FROM [tblCustomer], [tblOrder]
22. If you want to encrypt a database by using a password, then the database must be opened in ________ mode.
• Open Exclusive
• Open Exclusive Read-Only
• Open Read-Only
• Open Password-Enabled
23. Using which of the following Microsoft Access 2010 database file formats, can we use the Package and Sign tool?
24. When you run the Compatibility Checker in Microsoft Access 2010, in which of the following scenarios can you get the error- Access was unable to convert the query for use on the Web because it relies on an ORDER BY clause that is not supported on the Web?
• Name of an order by element is not valid.
• Name of source table is not valid.
• Sort order is set to an option other than ascending or descending.
• The expression is not valid.
• All of the above
25. Using the Package and Sign tool, how many databases can you add to a package that you want to distribute to other users in Microsoft Access?
26. Which of the following is not true regarding Information Rights Management (IRM) for e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2010?
• It prevents restricted e-mail content from being copied by using the Print Screen feature in Microsoft Windows.
• It restricts the e-mail content from being copied by using third-party screen-capture programs.
• It prevents an unauthorized recipient from accessing e-mail content, including attachments.
• It restricts content wherever the e-mail is sent.
27. Microsoft Access uses indexes in a table to find data. Which of the following field types cannot be indexed?
• OLE Object
28. Which of the following is the correct way to enter the beginning or ending characters of the fields named (UnitPrice and CompanyName) in the AutoIndex onImport/Create field to create an Auto Index ?
29. In a report with grouping, how can you display the count of records in each group?
• Add a text box to the group's footer section and set its control source to =Count(*).
• Set the report's Group Count property to True.
• Add a label to the group's header section and set the Caption property to Count Rows.
• Add a Summary control to the report's footer section.
30. What is the purpose of the Application Parts option in Microsoft Access 2010?
• It enables you to reduce coding errors and easily incorporate more complex logic to create robust applications.
• It integrates your Access reports using multiple data connections and information linked or imported from other sources.
• It integrates your Access data with live web content.
• It turns portions of your database into reusable templates.
31. Which one of the following correctly selects rows from the students table that have null in column1?
• Select * from students where column1 is null
• Select * from students where column1 = null
• Select * from students where column1 EQUALS null
• Select * from students where column1 NOT null
• Select * from students where column1 CONTAINS null
32. Which of the following is true of the Ribbon interface?
• Ribbons can be dragged and dropped to be on the side or the bottom of the screen.
• Ribbons can be minimized or collapsed.
• Ribbons can be replaced with command bars.
• New ribbons can be created using the Office Ribbon Generator.
33. What is the function of the icon marked as A (see image) when you are creating Macros in Microsoft Access 2010?
• Move up
• Move Down
34. What is the function of the 'Single Step' in Macros as shown in the image?
• This command is saves expressions one at a time.
• This command executes an action one at a time.
• This command saves all queries in a single step.
• This command saves all reports in a single step.
35. Password protected databases offer:
• Only one password with full rights.
• Different user rights for different logins/passwords.
• Integrated security with Active Directory.
• Integrated security with Windows Logins.
36. What will happen when you click on the icon marked as A (see image)?
• Data Mode pop up will be opened.
• Print Preview of the expression that was typed in the text box of Repeat Expression will be displayed.
• Expression Builder will pop up.
• None of the above
37. Which of the following is not a Relationship and Lookup error?
• Lookups require an associated Relationship to be compatible with the Web.
• Limit to List must be set to True if Allow Multiple Values is set to True.
• Enable Referential Integrity must be False if Allow Multiple Values is set to True for a lookup.
• A table with more than 220 fields is incompatible with the Web.
38. A company has the following departments: Marketing, Designing, Production, Packing What will be the result of the following query? Select department from table where department < 'Marketing'
• The query will return "Designing, Packing"
• The query will return "Designing, Production"
• The query will return "Production, Packing"
• The query will return "Designing"
39. Microsoft Access 2010 does not support more than ____________ fields in a table.
40. Which of the following is correct regarding Crosstab queries?
• Multiple Value fields can be specified.
• Multiple Column headings can be specified.
• Multiple Row headings can be specified.
• An unlimited number of columns can be returned.
41. Choose the appropriate query for the Products table where data should be displayed primarily in ascending order of the ProductGroup column. Secondary sorting should be in the descending order of the CurrentStock column.
• Select * from Products order by CurrentStock, ProductGroup.
• Select * from Products order by CurrentStock DESC, ProductGroup.
• Select * from Products order by ProductGroup, CurrentStock.
• Select * from Products order by ProductGroup, CurrentStock DESC.
• None of the above.
42. Which of the following is incorrect about the Quick Access Toolbar?
• You can move the Quick Access Toolbar from its default location.
• Toolbar can be minimized or collapsed.
• You cannot display the Quick Access Toolbar on multiple lines.
• You cannot increase the size of the buttons representing the commands by an option in Microsoft Office.
43. Which textbox property in Microsoft Access 2010 determines that the text box is bound, unbound or calculated?
44. A query that uses the BETWEEN operator for two numbers is identical to:
• >= and <=
• > and <
• >= and <
• > and <=
45. Which of the given text field properties should you set in order to force a user to enter a date value specifically in MM-DD-YYYY format?
• Validation Rule
• Input Mask
• Default Value
46. What is the purpose of time stamping a digital signature in Microsoft 2010?
• It helps mitigate integrity threats.
• It ensures that digital signatures remain valid and legally defensible even if the certificate that is used to sign the document expires.
• It enables you to specify cryptographic settings for encrypting documents.
• It is a security tool that enables users to designate safe documents.
47. Layouts are guides to align controls that you add to your forms or reports. Which layout has been depicted in the image above?
• Print Preview
• Tabular format
• Stacked format
• Grid format
48. Which of the following Aggregates expressions is not allowed in Query Columns context of a Web database?
49. Which of the following statements is not true about the Work Offline option in an Access database linked to SharePoint?
• Working offline allows you to work on SharePoint data locally.
• Within Microsoft Access, data is visible to only those users who have permission to view it on SharePoint.
• Discard All My Changes option lets you reject all changes made while offline.
• Changes made in Access are synchronized with SharePoint when you reconnect.
50. See the image above. How would you filter the table so that it returns names of only those students whose last name begins with A, O or Y?
• Select lastname from students where lastname like '[A,O, Y]*'
• Select lastname from students where lastname like '*[A, O, Y]'
• Select lastname from students where lastname not like '*[A, O, Y]'
• Select lastname from students where lastname not like '[A,O, Y]*'
• Select lastname from students where lastname='A' or lastname='O'or lastname='Y'
51. What will happen when we select the option "Check for truncated number fields" (marked as A in the image) under Current Database settings?
• The values visible in a column are truncated based on what can fit in the column.
• Access displays numbers as "#####" when a column is too narrow to display the entire value.
• Access displays numbers as "*****" when a column is too narrow to display the entire value.
• Access expands the column if it is too narrow to display the entire value.
52. What will be the result of the following? InStr(1, "John Smith", "S")
53. Which of the following rules apply when you use referential integrity?
• You cannot delete a record from the primary table if matching records exist in the related table.
• You cannot enter a value in the foreign key field of the related table that does not exist in the primary key of the primary table.
• You can change the primary key value in the primary table, if that record has related records in the related tables.
• All of the above
54. Which feature in Microsoft Access 2010 can be used to ensure consistency in appearance between forms and reports?
• Web 2.0-like Controls
• Web Browser Controls
• Office Themes
• Backstage View
55. Which of the following describes the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) support for Office applications?
• It is a software component that helps reduce the attack surface by identifying files that do not follow a valid file format definition.
• It is a feature that helps mitigate attacks by enabling users to preview untrusted or potentially harmful files in a sandbox environment.
• It is a hardware and software technology that helps harden the attack surface by preventing viruses and worms that exploit buffer overflow vulnerabilities from running.
• All of the above
56. Which of the following data-definition queries creates a table named Cars, with the following fields
• CREATE Cars (Name TEXT(40), Year TEXT(4), Price CURRENCY)
• CREATE TABLE Cars (Name TEXT(40), Year TEXT(4), Price CURRENCY)
• CREATE TABLE Cars (Name(40), Year(4), Price)
• CREATE Cars (Name(40), Year(4), Price)
57. What happens when a user has a database open in Exclusive mode and another user attempts to open it?
• The second user can open the database and make changes to objects and data.
• The second user receives a 'File already in use' message.
• The second user receives a 'File is deleted' message.
• The second user can open the database and make changes to data, but not to objects.
58. Which form property determines whether the current record has been modified since it was last saved?
• Cycle property
• Dirty property
• Filter property
• FilterOn property
59. Which text box property in Microsoft Access 2010 Reports allows the text box to be expanded so that all the text can be fit into it?
• Reading Order
• Display When
• None of the above
60. What is the purpose of the option marked as A (see image), under General options for working with Access?
• It allows users to preview how a formatting option will appear.
• It indicates that the text will be displayed in a format that is easier to read.
• It enables ScreenTips and Enhanced ScreenTips.
• Both b and c.