<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Elance test answers << Writing & Trans. category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. A brief selection of copy that is deliberately designed to stand apart from the main body of text and draw attention to an important point or feature is a:
• Popup ad
• PPC ad
2. The continuation of a story from one page to another is called a:
3. With regard to length, copywriting should be:
• As absolutely short as possible
• As long or as short as it needs to be depending on what the situation calls for
• Always more than three paragraphs
• No longer than three paragraphs
4. True or False? It doesn't matter what goes in an email subject line, as long as it gets the reader to open the email.
5. Which of the following is most closely tied to a company's overall brand?
• Sentence structure
6. A copywriter would be most likely to write content for which of the following?
• Personality quiz
• Sales brochure
• Newspaper Op Ed column
• Fiction novel
7. Copywriting for SEO involves using several:
• hype words
• catchy words
• rare words
8. True or false? Proof that is emotionally appealing is more likely to be accepted and believed.
9. Which statement best describes a successful copywriter?
• Successful copywriters come from all walks of life
• Only published authors can succeed
• Successful copywriters must have a college degree in journalism
• You can only get hired as a copywriter if you are also an artist or photographer
10. Copywriters who write for websites should:
• Know basic programming languages
• Have a degree in Computer Science
• Be knowledgeable about search engine optimization
• Be proficient with Photoshop
11. "What's In It For Me" is the number one question going through your customers head?
12. The words people use when using search engines to find the solution you offer are called:
13. The term that refers to the level of knowledge and understanding a prospect has for the benefits or the existence of the product is called:
14. The ________ is considered the most important element in most advertisements.
• last sentence
• bullet list
• last 20%
15. The process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine???s natural or un-paid (organic) search results is:
16. As part of a collaborative team, a copywriter might work with:
• Marketing team
• All of the above
• Art director
17. What does AIDA stand for?
• Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
• Attract, Intense, Dreamy, Advertise
• Attract, Instigate, Drop, Allow
• Attack, Interest, Distract, Action
18. The best copywriting is:
• Clear and concise
• Disguised as information
• Emotionally misleading
• Complex and challenging
19. Which of these would be included in a copy brief?
• The goal of the project or campaign
• Insights into the target audience
• All of these
• Details on special offers, pricing, or incentives
20. Holding the prospect's attention is NOT an important aspect of copywriting. True or False?
21. A company describing itself as ???America's largest single source of space-age products??? is an example of what psychological trigger?
• Establishing authority
• Desire to belong
22. This term is used to describe the powerful copy element when a person or an organization endorses a product in the advertisement.
• Price point
• Quality pronouncement
• Product rant
23. In terms of copywriting, what does USP stand for?
• Uniform Sales Pamphlet
• Unique Selling Proposition
• Unclear Soft Proposition
• Universal Safe Payment
24. A style of advertising that looks like an independent article offering some kind of useful information but is ACTUALLY an ad is called an:
• Pay per click ad
• Search ad
25. Which of the following is an example of conversational copywriting?
• An indepent medical study shows that Product X???
• Product X contains 100% organic ingredients.
• Like you I struggled with dieting, but then I found Product X.
• If you're not completely satisfied with Product X, we will refund the purchase price.
26. The letters in the classic copywriting formula ???AIDA,??? stand for Attention, Interest, Desire and:
27. When building a relationship and trust with a new social media campaign, it is recommended that you avoid:
• Sharing a story
• Interacting in conversations
• Establishing your brand's voice
28. True or False? A good copywriter will focus on selling the features, not the benefits, of a product.
29. A document that provides a detailed overview of the copywriting project is the:
• Copy window
• Copy brief
• Focus sheet
• Project carton
30. The short saying or motto of your copy is the:
31. Copy that appears throughout a promotion that urges the prospect to do something, such as click a link or fill out a form, is commonly called:
• The exit form
• A funnel
• An action device
• The tagline
32. Imagined versions of your prospects, customers and the public that contain in-depth, lifelike character traits to help develop content and marketing are:
33. When using a bullet list of 5 or more points, where are the recommended spots to place your most important points?
• First, second, and last
• First, second to last, and last
• All three in the middle of the list
• Two in the middle and last
34. The section of a blog post that contains the author's name is the:
• Call to action
• Attribution section
35. What is an ellipsis?
36. What is recommended as one of the best ways to edit your work?
• Read it from a hard copy
• Read it on a different device
• Read it aloud
• Read each word twice
37. The main goal of copy written for web elements is to:
• give the user extensive details
• make it easy for the user to navigate the site
• fill in white space
• make the user feel excited
38. A copywriter differs from a content writer in that a content writer???s work is generally not:
• Based on research
• Grammatically correct
39. When optimizing content, a copywriter should avoid keyword __________.
40. Which of the following is more like content writing than copywriting?
• Product description
• A how-to article
• Sales letter
41. To make Adword ads stand out and seem "larger" in appearance, it is recommended that you:
• Put a few exclamation points at the end!!
• CAPITALIZE EVERY LETTER
• "Put quotes around the copy"
• Capitalize Each Word's First Letter
42. Which item is NOT a typical job for copywriters?
• Blog Posts
• SEO Articles
• Technical Writing
• Marketing Copy
• Product Descriptions
43. A guide or report, written by an authority on the subject that educates the reader on an issue and helps them make a decision, is called a:
• Carrot and stick technique
• Trial offer
• Focus guide
44. A general rule in copywriting is to focus on benefits. However, focusing on features can be appropriate in the following situation:
• When your target audience is newspaper readers
• When your target audience knows very little about your product or service
• When your target audience is teens
• When your target audience has a highly technical knowledge of a product
45. A desired, measured result such as a reader sharing your copy on social media, buying your product, or signing up to a mailing list is considered a:
• Call to action
• Desire function
• Open rate
46. The first, usually top-half of a website which is visible without scrolling is referred to as:
• Top placement
• First capture point
• Golden section
• Above the fold
47. The one characteristic that brings cohesion and a level of uniformity to an advertising campaign is commonly referred to as the:
• Focus keeper
• Golden thread
48. Which of these is NOT a specific function of the headline?
• Draw the reader into the body copy
• Deliver a complete message
• Get attention
• Make the sale