<< All Upwork (oDesk) and Elance Tests << Elance test answers << Writing & Trans. category
See all 6 tests answers updated
Find Upwork (oDesk) and Elance test answers on this website:
1. The title of a blog post should
• Be descriptive of the content of the post
• All of these
• Be attention-grabbing
• Include the focus keyword
2. Which of the following is a micro-blogging site?
3. Which of the following is an example of an effective call to action?
• Thanks for reading our blog
• We look forward to staying in touch with you
• We'll be back next week with a new post
• Click here to download a whitepaper
4. True or False? Video blogs are best posted WITHOUT a typed blurb above or below the player.
5. A favicon (the graphic that appears in the address bar of a browser) should
• show a picture of the author
• have bright colors
• include your blog's logo
• be larger than 30 pixels across
6. True or False? Blog comments contribute to SEO.
7. True or False: It is NEVER a good idea to write a post with controversial content.
8. What is a CTA?
• Current Text Assessment
• Cohesive Text Algorithm
• Corporate Test Action
• Call To Action
9. Which of the following elements should utilize the focus keyword of the blog post?
• Page title
• All of these
10. True or False? A professional blog should be hosted using its own domain name.
11. True or False? Companies that blog have over 50% more website visitors
12. What is the blogosphere?
• A meetup group of bloggers
• The collective community of bloggers and blogs on the Internet
• A popular globe sold on ThinkGeek
• A fictional term invented by Douglas Adams
13. Which of the following topics is appropriate for a B2B blog?
• Product sneak peaks
• All of these
• Industry leader profiles
• Customer testimonials
14. Blogging best practices include the following:
• All of these
• Optimize your SEO by adding links and pictures
• Create quality content
• Promote your content across various platforms
15. What is a tag?
• An image in the post
• The title of the post
• An HTML line break
• A word that helps define what the post is about
16. True or False? Blogs with photos are more likely to be shared socially.
17. Blog posts should contain which of the following?
• In-text citations
• An image
• All of these
18. Which of the following is an effective way to encourage readers to comment on posts?
• Hold a contest to reward the reader who comments the most
• Include a call to action at the end of the post asking readers to comment
• Move the comment section to the top of the page
• Have a pop up notification telling a reader to comment display when they scroll to the end of the post
19. What is a widget?
• The banner on the top page of a website
• A user acquisition tool
• A snippet of code that collects data about visitors
• A small application on a page that has a useful function
20. What is an SEO best practice for a post's permalink?
• Permalinks are not taken into account for SEO purposes
• The permalink should only include the post number
• The permalink should include the focus keyword
• The permalink should only include the date of the post
21. True or false? Blogger is owned by Google.
22. True or False? You should NEVER link back to other posts from your blog to avoid taking the focus on your current post.
23. True or False? Guest posting on other blogs compromise the credibility of your own blog.
24. In order to inspire a reader to perform an act after reading, the post should include a:
• Call to action
• An interesting title
• A comment section
25. ___ is programming code that can be read, viewed, modified, and distributed, by anyone who desires.
• Open Source
26. What metric refers to the number of times a reader clicks your CTA?
• Actions Taken
• Click Through Rate
27. True or False: Alt Text describes an image to search engines.
28. Which of the following RSS tools is the standard among bloggers to become indexed?
29. When blogging for business purposes, it is important to do what?
• Include your CEO's name in blog posts
• Include your company description at the end of each blog post
• Include a call-to-action that allows you to capture lead information
30. What is anchor text used for?
• To emphasize a certain section of a post
• Bloggers don't use anchor text
• To anchor a URL to some text on a web page
• To segregate sections of a post
31. What Internet coding language is used to style a layout of a blog
32. What term describes a list of links to various blogs or news sites?
• Share Buttons
• LongTail Blogging
33. What is most telling metric of a blog's success on social media?
34. What is the term for a globally recognized avatar?
• Avatar X
• Global Avatar
35. Sub-headers can be created using which of the following HTML tags?
36. How are blog posts shared on Tumblr?
37. Which blogging platform has especially great integration with Google AdWords?
• Movable Type
38. What is the HTML tag to denote header text?
39. How does the page title of a post differ from the meta title?
• The page title includes the name of the author
• The page title should not include the post title
• The page title MUST utilize the focus keyword in order to be indexed properly
• The page title is visible to readers
40. Which of the following is a proper format for a company's blog URL ?
41. Which of the following displays a blog as a sub-domain?
42. Which of the following social networks will generate the highest ranking SEO for a blog post:
43. What is an SEO best practice for including images in a post?
• Defining the alt text
• (none of these)
• Linking an image to another site
• Giving the image a title
44. Which of the following is a tool commonly used for scheduling out and assigning blog content for writers?
• Email Posting
• Editorial Calendar
• RSS Reader
• Task Management Software
45. Typically, what is the primary goal of a business blog?
• Creating a sharable branch of your web effort
• Lead Generation
• Gaining landing page visits
• Gaining Social Visibility
46. How long should the title of your blog post be?
• No longer than 70 characters
• No longer than 50 characters
• Doesn't matter
• No longer than 100 characters
47. What is the most important item to have in a post for SEO?
48. Of the following, which is the best way to analyze the 'visits' metric?
• Traffic on individual blog posts
• Total website traffic
• Total blog traffic
49. What term refers to quoting thought leaders in attempt that they share your blog with their own networks?
• Social Symbiosis
• Ego Trapping
50. Specific keywords with small search volume are called:
• Search Specific Keywords
• Long-Tail Keywords
• Needle-In-The-Haystack Keywords
• Low Key Keywords
51. According to Matt Cutts of Google, the optimal keyword density for blog posts is:
• Below the point where the language ceases to make sense
52. How many different blogs can you create under one Blogger account?
53. What is the peak time for link sharing among blog readers?
• 7pm EST
• 11pm EST
• 2pm EST
• 7am EST
54. What is the peak time for blog commenting?
55. True or False? A blog with poor visit numbers will also have poor lead numbers.
56. True or False: Meta keywords are one of the most effective elements to boost the SEO of a post.
57. According to Hubspot, how much more inbound links do companies who blog typically have?
58. True or False: Hubspot recommends that businesses primarily use branded keywords in blog content.